Monday, April 19, 2010

Garden


my onions and garlic are up and running. Yesterday Sugar(the big goat) stuck her head through the fence and ate 3 of my red onions. I didn't realize that a goat would eat onions. I didn't think that any animal except humans would eat onions. Boy was i wrong. I replanted the bottoms so that they will come back with little damage.

My potatoes are doing well. I need to weed and mulch them. i was using the old hay around the pole shed to mulch them but my husband got a bee in his bonnet and racked it all up and burnt it. I told him what i was using it for but he said all i was doing was planting bermuda.

My first attempt at chinese cabage. They are doing great. I have green leafy lettuce right behind it. Although it is doing well things keep eating it and i am only one of those things. Right now i have it double fenced. I have the garden fence and then netting around it. Salads taste better out of the garden.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, goats will eat anything!!! Even my old wiener dog loved onions, LOL. Your plants look great!!! Have an awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My onions were doing good until all of a sudden a few of them started dieing. I think it's moles. Do moles eat onions.

    ReplyDelete