Wednesday, May 21, 2014

White Clover Jelly

First I pick about 3 cups of clover flowers. I brought 2 cups of water to a boil while I rinsed the clovers in cold water. then I added the flowers and let it sit for about 2 hrs.





 Then I pulled out the water bath caner with enough water to cover the jars and brought that to a boil. I strained the tea added 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 4 cups of sugar. Brought this to a hard boil added the pectin brought back to a boil for 2 mins. Then I skimmed the jelly and poured the hot jelly into hot jars.







                                            Adjusted the 2 piece lid and processed for 10 min.







mine actually didn't set I don't think I used enough pectin. It is more of a think syrup. I thought about reprocessing with more pectin but the kids need syrup for pancakes also.

I also made a ham and used a mixture of clover syrup, horseradish, and mustard on the grill. It was wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment