Tuesday, July 6, 2010

squash, squash, and more squash

 I keep track of the weight of the vegetables that we get out of the garden.  This way I can tell if we are doing better from year to year. I also like to find out the current price to see how much money i am saving by growing and putting up our own vegetables. So I went by the stores and no one has fresh okra.  So I got online and the only fresh okra I could find was $25.00 a pound.  That can't be right. So why does no one sell fresh okra.  I have plenty that I could sell but what would you charge for it.  Not $25.00 a pound.
 I have a freezer full of squash but am still getting alot of squash.  I think I am going to try some different recipes and make some chutneys and squash pickles.  I have to do something with it.  I don't want anything to go to waste this year.
Brussel sprouts are being eat up by worms.  I can't spray the plants with anything because it just rolls off the leaves. I really need to figure this one out.  The kids love brussel sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment